It was as if you could hear the city breathe a great big sigh of dissappointment. This, however, did not stop me from wanting to see Wrigley Field! We made use of our last few hours in the city to do just this. Unfortunately, the field was closed so we couldn't get inside or take a tour, but we did get to take a few pictures out front.
We walked across the street to buy a pink Cubs hat to add to my collection and then over to Vines on Clark for lunch. It was pretty cool to sit across from Wrigley while I drank my beer and ate some yummy pasta. It was almost as if you could feel the history of that field just by being next to it. Heath grabbed a quick photo from our table.

The only thing that could have made this day better was to be there on a game day!
The day before we headed home, the Chicago White Sox lost their final playoff game at U.S. Cellular Field (current field that replaced Comiskey Park). I didn't get a chance to see this ballpark or to see the Cubs or Sox play. Guess that means, I will just have to go back! We did agree, though, that seeing Wrigley is a checked off ballpark on my bucket list.
Two major league baseball teams in one fantastic city?!? I think I might be in love ...
1 comment:
Yeah! I'm glad that counted for crossing off your bucket list. However, I'm totally up for a trip if you decide you need another visit!
Post a Comment