Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chicago Nights

Our nights were filled with work dinners and vendor sponsored parties. Some of my favorite of Heath's business associates sponsored the best dinner we had at Ditkas on our first night! The food was excellent and along with the wonderful wine and terrific company, the night could not have been any better. If only this were my real life ;)
We all went to the Coors/Miller party at the House of Blues after that yummy dinner, where we snapped a few pictures. This guy really wanted to be included, so I'm hoping Julie can teach me how to photoshop him out. :)
I mean, really, who is this guy!?!?
The Chicago skyline from the Navy Pier:
Heath & I at the Bud Party
Little Richard was the entertainment!
Limo ride over to the next party (not company sponsored!):
Pepsico party at the Hard Rock
where these strange little lizards were dancing
(Heath tells me they were the Sobe Lizards)
Apparently, I wasn't very impressed:
Not Pictured: Our dinner at Smith & Wolensky's was a short walk from our hotel. We were seated in this room just off the wine cellar - very impressive! This might have been the longest dinner I've ever had, but the food was enjoyable and I got to know another group of folks that Heath's company does business with. Oh, and I got to hear all night how young we looked and not at all old enough to have a 14 yr old. What girl doesn't love to hear that? ;)
Heath and I attempted to have a quiet dinner together before the parties above and decided a casual dinner w/ a few beers might be more our style. Somehow I convinced him that Bubba Gumps would be fun, so we walk in and see a table FULL of his old coworkers from his last company! They came over to say hello after their dinner and we met up with them again at the Lizard party above.
At this point, it's accurate to say that we ate our way through the windy city!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You two looked and partied like rock stars! And yes, we will remove that unfortunate man from your photos!