Thursday, October 2, 2008

Insight of the day

A fellow mom told me today:

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Hmmm ... in my little bit of experience thus far with raising a teenager and another come January, I'm thinking she might be onto something.  This seems to be right on the money!  Just to give you a sense of where I'm coming from, here's a snip it of our evening:
  • To my A student, her newly earned C is "not failing" and I should be glad.
  • My sweet momma's girl asked "why are you in my room again?" as I layed down on her bed to chat.
  • My independant, quiet child has taken the lead on the Latin club float for the homecoming parade.
  • The one who's most comfortable on stage is begging to hide out alone in her room.
  • My daughter who despises dresses is drawing pictures of the dress she's imagining for the homecoming dance.
I can only wonder what tomorrow will bring ... 

2 comments:

Alyce said...

It's like Opposite Day has taken over your life!

Julie said...

Who are these girls??