My mom & Buddy were next in line to leave with Nicole and Paige as they headed home to Texas and this, admittedly, made me a little crazy. I know you can’t imagine that AT ALL, but I swear, I did lose a little bit of my mind that day ;) My baby girls aren’t babies anymore, but I was a little nervous they would have trouble getting back into the states. Yes, my mom raised two children of her own and yes, I know she is capable of flying with my teen and preteen – thus my asking her to do me the honor of escorting my girlies home safely. BUT … I’m just a little, oh what’s the word?, terrible, at delegating what I see are my responsibilities. So off they went with passports, school ID’s and the notarized consent form signed by both parents .. I mean really … they have every form of identification a kid can have! I was just glad that no one saw the tears I fought back as they drove off in that taxi. We continued to text and call for the remainder of the day and I’m sure Paige and Nicole rolled their eyes w/ every one!
We said our goodbyes to rest of the gang that was heading off to their excursion into St Thomas and made our way down to the beach for the last few minutes in the St Thomas sun. We couldn’t actually check into our St John hotel until 3pm, so what better way to spend that time, than to, I don’t know, maybe have another diet coke and coconut rum (my fave!!)? We hung with the last half of the crew, who became known as “the leftovers”, down at the beach before heading over to the Ferry. Every time someone would ask when we were leaving, Heath would say “who knows .. we’re on vacation now!” All the wedding plans and events of the trip were complete, so all we had to do for the next three days was relax …
And relax we did! We made the quick trip over to St John where we stayed at the Westin. This hotel was amazing! Here was the view from our room.
The first full day was overcast, so we decided it would be a great day to go into the town for some shopping. This, of course, was after our in room massages – I don’t have to tell you that they were WONDERFUL! I wasn’t two steps out of taxi when I heard someone calling my name. This is when I had to remind myself that I didn’t actually know anyone on this island and that no one was actually calling for me. Only I heard “Shaunna!” again from across the street and looked over to see Amy & Jason at Woody’s, which is where we were going! We had all heard that Woody’s was one of the local watering holes that was a Must See .. how funny that the four of us ended up there at the same time!
After our lunch, we parted ways and we walked over to do some shopping before heading back to the Westin. This is where we stayed for the duration of the trip. We hear the beaches are amazing ... we didn't venture out to see for ourselves. Maybe next time ;) Happy Honeymoon!
1 comment:
oh wow - I love love love that this trip was a dream come true!! you guys look so happy - what a wonderful way to spend the last few days!!!!
Post a Comment