We decided that we would go ice skating, but only after finding out that all but one roller rink here in Austin has closed. The one that is still in business only opens their doors to public skate on Thursday nights. On a Monday afternoon, this did not help me one bit. So, off we went to Chapparel Ice in the ghost town formally known as Northcross Mall. We had a blast and I discovered if going super slow, I can even ice skate backwards. Who knew!?!?
What trip to the ice rink would be complete without a stop for snacks at the vending machine?
Apparently, my kiddos can even spin!
After ice skating, we found ourselves having ice cream ... Three different flavors with a few mix ins. Wow, carbs are yum! Our last stop of the fun day with mom was to paint some pottery. Paige chose a dolphin figurine and Nicole painted a “Ramen” bowl shaped like a big mug. I painted a spoon rest for my oven in, you guessed it, a few shades of pink.
Such a fun day with my favorite girls!!
2 comments:
OMG - this is another event that would remind me of my age..were you sore afterwards? LOL
What a fun trip- I cannot remember the last time I went ice skating!!
I'm with you on the carbs - they are delish! Sounds like a very fun day...glad you could drag the girls out of bed! :) And thank you for a great birthday lunch and fun shopping trip at Archiver's afterwards!
Post a Comment