Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dinner at Caribe!

To take a step back, I should explain the order in which our group arrived at the Wyndham Sugar Bay. We were greeted late Wednesday by Jamie & Ashley, Frank & Shelly. They got in about midday on Wednesday and gave us the scoop on the hotel when we arrived … complete with handing us drinks! (much appreciated after the long day of travel) Heath, the girls and I made our way to St Thomas with his parents, Bill & PD and my mom, Laura, and Buddy.



About midday on Thursday, Heath and I were planning our trip back into Charlotte Amelie to get our marriage license and we got a call from my sister. She said “I’m on a bus filled with people coming to your wedding!”. I thought she was joking at first, but no lie, she had met up with the other half of our crew on the plane. Amy & Jason, Kenny & Sara, and Sam & Jenny were all on the same flights with Crystal and Kalie. They filled a bus from the airport and were all great friends by the time they arrived… and I was worried no one would know each other! Julie and Cameron were the last to join us on Friday after their week in Jamaica. I mean, really .. what’s that like!?!?



By Friday night, we had our entire group present and accounted for. Almost all of us met for dinner at Caribe – the service was par for the course, but we enjoyed the food and the company!





The "Friends" table
The Family Table
PD & Bill
Buddy & Laura
Kalie & Crystal
Jason & Amy Koliba
(aka - Fastest Blogger Ever!)
Jamie & Ashley
Jennifer & Sam
Sara & Kenny
Frank & Shelly
After dinner, we made our way next door at the Turtle Rock sports bar for our Welcome Happy Hour (see next blog)! This is where Julie and Cameron made their grand entrance and my girls took the opportunity to make their getaway. They thoroughly enjoyed the solo kid time in the hotel room. It was great "cousin" time!
We took a million pictures!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It's like heaven! I highly recommend it! :)

Jill said...

Really?! Did Julie have to comment - I mean I think that was a rhetorical question...of course it was like Heaven!!!! I realize that I don't know Julie but I already envy her...what a good time!! I am so glad your wedding was so amazing - I can't wait top hear about the ripping out of the extensions!! LOL Keep 'em coming!!!