As we watch Eragon to take a break from our after-wedding party plans, we take pause to exchange the following words:
HEATH:
I should have gotten tall boys. I can’t believe how fast these are going down.
SHAUNNA:
Maybe when you're up to get another, you could bring me a glass of wine.
A second later…
HEATH:
I mean look at this, there’s condensation half way up the can (as he puts it on my arm! And btw, it’s still COLD!) That makes me nervous!
SHAUNNA:
It makes me nervous that you’re not getting up to get me another glass of wine ;)
... and then we're back to the movie (Netflix review: Kinda cute, should watch it even though Nicole HATES that it is sooo different than the book.).
Tonight, we are on a planning hiatus for our at home reception. Although we desparetely want to celebrate with friends and family who can't make the trip to St Thomas, we can't find a single location that will allow our own catered food for less than a few thousand dollars. nice. After the expense, thought and time that's going into planning the ceremony and the trip itself, I'm afraid the "after party" is taking the back burner for now.
Suggestions? Send them on!
4 comments:
They won't let you bring your own food? Where are you calling? You might try the local VFWs or American Legion. . . those are my only thoughts. . . And then, there's always
I've had several friends who ran into similar problems and commandeered local parks.... It might be kinda hot that time of year, though....Screw it, let's just all go to the lake.
The Zilker Gardens/Barton Springs Club House (where we had some LAA dances!) is really cheap, as I recall. I want to say $100 but maybe it was $500. GORGEOUS view of the city....The Old School is big and beautiful but a little more, I think it's right at $1,000. But since you are just having a party and not wedding maybe they would do it for less.
Those boys certainly do get sidetracked don't they?!?! ;) I'll brainstorm on some locations that might work for your reception and will let you know what I come up with. I think the J.C. Backyard Event Center is very affordable and you can use ANY vendor you like! ;)
Post a Comment