Saturday, April 5, 2008

Chapman Ranch

Heath invited some friends out to play at the ranch a few weekends back. Jamie, Ashley, Todd, Amy, Sam & Jennifer all joined us on a Saturday afternoon and stayed into the following day. We shot skeet (Mali was NOT a fan!), barbeqed fajitas, drank beer by the fire, played horsheoes and rode on the Polaris and four wheeler. It's amazing to see grown men turn into little boys before our eyes! At times, they'd dissapper into the fields racing each other, looking for the cows, or going to "find" whoever was gone too long. Their play time left plenty of time for girl talk and as Ashley says, "we talked about our feelings and how they make us feel." ;)








This picture was our proof that we shouldn't trust Sam after a few beers to lock the gate. He locked the lock ... just forgot to make sure to he was locking the chain to itself around the gate!



One of the funniest memories that will most likely go down in history was from our ride on the Polaris. Heath volunteered to provide the tour of the ranch, so the girls all piled in. Little did we know, we'd have to hang on for dear life! At one point, Heath drove up and over a small hill only to high center at the top. This left no other choice than to back down the way we came which led to much screaming and yelping and perhaps a little praying. I couldn’t catch my breath from laughing to ease their concerns, but then again, I was in the middle of the front seat which is probably the safest spot. I can still hear Heath quoting his famous line, “I need everyone to CALM DOWN” followed by Ashley in the back, “ I AM NOT CALM!” Laughter erupted and I was still gasping for breath. This pic was right after the Not Calm event as Heath RACED down the field at full speed back to the house. Fun times, I tell ya!

No comments: