This you know .. I'm a Longhorn. I married an Aggie.
say what?!? Well, my husband is an avid football fan and I'm a .. how do you say, not so much. I will sit in the same room while he watches football. I'll knit, I'll read, or play that little bubble game I love so much on my phone. (Seriously, some weekends, it's a real problem how much I love this game) All the while, my husband is watching any given team play this silly little game where they chase a ball around this giant field.
Well. This all changes when "my team" plays "his team" which happens every Thanksgiving. It's always interesting when I'm hanging with my in-laws (aka Aggies) or he's hanging with his in-laws (aka Longhorns) or this year when we mingled the two. Needless to say, this is the one day a year when our claws come out and the trash talk begins. And then it ends. Any other time of the year, I cheer for his team (sort of) and he cheers for my team (sort of).
This year, the Longhorns failed to impress and did not make it to a bowl game, but wonder of wonders, A&M did. Imagine my surprise, when I learned just how badly my husband wanted to go to the Cottonbowl to see them play in their bowl game. So he bought tickets ... and then he bought me a shirt.
Seriously people .. this is what you call LOVE!

A quick pic in front of a sunset that reminded us of St Thomas
This was the view from our seats. This stadium ROCKS!
...even if I was wearing the wrong shirt. ;)-
2 comments:
I think the real "wonder of wonders" is that you wore an A&M shirt!! Hey, maybe that's why we lost? ;) ha, ha! J/K - I know better than that. Loved the post - you crack me up! And the pictures are great too!
I'm not sure I love anyone enough to put on an A&M shirt! ;)
Post a Comment