... toning and Yoga!!
I have resolved along millions of other people to lose weight this year. It's been a year and a half since I gave birth to that sweet boy and it's time I ditched the weight. I decided I should ease in slowly since I never do this. I should pick a crazy routine that changes every day because I get bored. I should stop eating everything I love. This is really the hard part, now isn't it? I will only do this for a few months before I start diving into the things I love to drink and cut there, too. For now, I'm scaling back. It's all about easing in and moderation for me this year. I need to find things that will stick.
Zumba class - it was fun! I am completly uncoordinated and have no rhythm AT ALL, but I had a blast, worked off a few calories and all those ladies were so sweet and welcoming that I'll go back again!
Toning @ work - twice a week, another Super Busy Mom and I will gather in the workout room in our building to use her resistant bands to do a quick 45 min workout. This should help tone up what's left under all that fat I'll burn in Zumba and by avoiding all that's yummy in the way of food.
Yoga. Lastly, this working mom who's squeezing in 4 workouts each week needs a way to relax and de-stress after a long week of juggling kids, school, daycare, work, and a travling husband. Yoga on Saturday mornings is calling my name.
Lastly, my motivation: Me.In.A.Bikini. We were invited to a wedding in Mexico in July. Not only is a it a great vacation for my husband and I to plan for, but it's just what I need to get back to feeling like myself instead of "That Girl Who Ate Shaunna" ;)
2 comments:
Oh, that last line is hilarious! Thank you for sponsoring my morning laugh. And, I've never thought of you like that, btw. I've been exercising my butt off and praying I can keep up some kind of routine once school starts. It's not just for my body, it's so important to my mental health. Good luck, I'm excited by your variety!
--Cedar
You go girl! You're allowed to be one of the millions that make the resolution....just don't be one of the .95 million that drop it after the month of January. Once you get stronger, it will motivate you to work harder. I'll be routin' for ya!
Post a Comment