Working from home has some really great perks .. having the tv on in the background while I work is such a nice change of pace. Then, working from home has some disadvantages... daytime tv is terrible! I stumbled across The Talk and some familiar faces had me listening in a little more. They kicked off the show by talking about this new site, Pink Kisses. The name alone peaked my interest .. hello, it has PINK in the title! I pop over to this site and while checking out the realize it's all about break ups. The money making aspect of the site is found under Shop PK where they do really cute things like send inspiring text messesages over a few days or weeks, you can sign up for similar emails, order flowers to send to yourself w/a surprise message at an unknown date, order yummy chocoloates b/c well, we all love chocolate. Cute stuff, but well, honestly, what good is this going to do me? Happily married and very happily content to stay this way, I won't have use for this site.
HOWEVER, I look a little further and check out their blog. I love the message this site is sending! It's all that be strong, independent, powerful and I Am Woman Hear Me Roar type stuff we want to instill in our little girls. Love this site and what they are doing for so many women who seem stuck in the "I can't live without him" phase of a breakup. More than that, they have a stinkin' cute site and they are based in Austin!
...and to think I might not have stumbled upon this little jewel had I not been watching some terrible daytime tv while working at home in my pj's. Check it out and share it with someone you know who may need a little pick me up out of that dark place of a breakup.
No comments:
Post a Comment