Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Club 2011

Here's one new year's resolution I can get excited about. I've initiated a book club. So far, it's dubbed "Book Club 2011" but I think we need a much cuter name. I've wanted to be a part of one for so long now that I finally decided I'd just see who else wanted to read with me. Imagine that ... after a few drinks, I had some takers! We have our first official meeting on Wednesday and we'll be laying the groundwork for our little club: Meet once a month, read a book and chat about it. What a novel idea ... ha!

Our first book is: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I was so excited, I read it in 4 nights. Had life not gotten in the way, it would have been done faster, but I LOVED this book. Now, as a few members of my new found book club actually read my blog, I won't divulge most of my thoughts just yet. Let's just say that I've resolved this year to watch less TV and read more books. I'm off to a good start! Finished my first book in the first week of the new year.

I will share this about the Guernsey story ... It made me wish I'd paid closer attention in History class. I kept wondering how much of this story was truly fiction and how much was based on historical facts. I fell in love with the characters. I can.not.wait. to talk about this one in our new book club!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm looking forward to our first meeting and reading more in 2011!!

tigercrush said...

So exciting! I'm very intrigued by the title.

Melissa said...

Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Ah, so fun. I miss my book club. We had one going for a few years in Austin way back. Can't wait to see what else you read. :)