Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010 Survey

Because JenRicci and Tina did it, and I'm such a follower:


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Started my own website: www.simplyshaunna.com

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did ... and probably not. Here's how I did:
Take time to blog & catch up on scrapbooking - will have to do better this year!
Spend more time with my family - Yes!
Create my "Life After D*ll" business plan - Hmm... this one's still a work in progress.
Knit some socks! (I got double pointed needles for Christmas) - Started my first pair last night!
Write my will - not so much on this one. Should probably move to the top of my list.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Our good friends Todd & Amy and Brian and YoonSin both had sweet little girls!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no, but I did watch several friends lose their Moms. Such a difficult loss to watch someone you love experience :(

5. What places did you visit?
Temple, Tx (for 2 scrappin retreats), Horeshoe Bay (anniversary weekend), San Antonio and Dallas .. Hmm... maybe we'll leave Texas next year!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
One family vacation and one adult vacation.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Can't say that any one date will stand out from this year, but lots of great memories!!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taught one child to drive and another to walk.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably the website not taking off ... More to come there!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No. Thankfully, we're a healthy bunch!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm.... this one kinda stumped me. Probably the concert tickets for Paige to see Idina Menzel or the pillow that I bought to turn Nicole's favorite sweatshirt into a memento. Either that or the 99 cents I spent on an app on my phone: Bubbles Lab without ads! (seriously ... it's my little know secret addiction)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Heath ... He survived another year in a house full of estrogen. Having Luke here certainly helps :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mom :(

14. Where did most of your money go?
Nicole, Paige and Luke

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Luke walking, Paige getting cast in the school musical and the lead in the One Act Play, Nicole nailing parallel parking

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Black Eyed Peas remake of I Had The Time of My Life

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier ... my low stress approach to the holidays worked!
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter ... Finally going to get serious about losing the baby weight.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, I guess ... kids are not cheap ;)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveling

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working

20. How did you spend Christmas last year?
With my children and both our families

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
over and over again ... My two boys and two girls are the best!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
If I had to pick one ... Probably The Big Bang Theory

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2010?
Met some friends for drinks at 210 West

24. What was the best book you read?
Why Do They Do That? (about the adolescent brain and how it develops)

25. What did you want and get?
Time off work to spend with my family

26. What did you want and not get?
Trip outside of Texas

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Blind Side (Yes, I know that was 2009, but that's how many movies I see these days)

28. Did you make some new friends this year?
Yes .. new coworkers became friends :)

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less Debt

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Hiding the bulge in creative ways ;)

31. What kept you sane?
Red Wine

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oprah

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare Reform ... and how much it cost me.

34. Who did you miss?
My Mom :(

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Focus on those things you have control over and changing only myself

2 comments:

Alyce said...

Hooray for sock knitting! My friend, Ryq, gave me the best advice - Do whatever the pattern tells you to do, no matter how completely ridiculous it sounds, and you'll have a sock.
It works!
My goal is to knit 2 socks at once this year... otherwise I'll never finish a pair!

(Sorry you miss your mom. :( <3 )

tigercrush said...

Even if you didn't leave TX, it sounds like you had a really satisfying year! I hope 2011 is all the better (and with more harmony in the mom department).

I'm also intrigued as to how the healthcare reform is costing you more. Expert economists say that it should save the country money, and since I educate people about it for my job, I'm always trying to learn more. I just emailed Jenn something I read about how insurance companies are now required to spend at least 80% of deductibles on medical services for enrollees. If they spend less, they are to return the extra to us!

In 2011, I'd love to see more of the Fab Four!!!