Friday, August 29, 2008

The Witches

Sam Bass Theatre ... take 3

The girls participated in another play this summer. Yes, I'm just now getting around to the post. (Gotta love vacation days!) They rehearsed almost every night for most of the summer leading up to the performances which spanned 4 weekends. All said and done, there were 14 performances. Heath and I went to Opening night with my mom and Buddy and then again on the last night. It's interesting to see how polished the same show becomes over the course of several weeks of performing in front of a live audience.

Mom & Buddy
Me & Heath

Paige played Tree Witch #2 and, as always, did a fabulous job! You could hear her lines and the excitement she brings to being on stage is just amazing. She feeds off the audience reactions. No pics are allowed in the small theatre, so I grabbed a few outside after curtain call.


Nicole was a techie again and if you weren't looking carefully, you might have missed her. This is only to say how well she can move things on and off stage without making much noise. After I stole this pic during intermission, you could just here, "Seriously ..." as she left the stage. She takes quite a bit of pride in her role as a techie, but is much more comfortable backstage than she is front and center.

1 comment:

Courtney ;-) said...

You both did such a wonderful job, Paige and Nicole! I'm so glad I got to see your wonderful work again!!! :)