Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School ... already?!?!

This summer has seriously flown by at the speed of light. Along with every other RR parent, I'm now facing another school year in just over a week. I realize now that no matter how long I try to deny it, I will have to buy school supplies and new clothes and shoes for these kids of mine ;) So, off to Target I went with my list of supplies for 7th grade, Theatre and Foreign Language for my middle schooler. Apparently, I only have to shop from that overly complicated and more than frustrating pre-determined list for one more year b/c high school doesn't have a formal supply list. I get to wait till next Tuesday to see what my freshman will need.

and there you have it. I'm officially a high school parent. How on earth did that happen!?!?

Why aren't they still this little? This is them holding their first cousin Kalie:

To all my firends who have recently joined me in this "mom" club, let me just be the 900th person to tell you that They Grow Fast. Faster than you think you know they will and faster than you could ever want them to.


Seriously!?!? High School? I still remember high school like it just happened. wow.

4 comments:

Alyce said...

JennRicci FAINTS as she realizes HOWFREAKINGOLD that makes us... High school? Really?
Wow.
I can barely remember freshman year...I remember something horrible about a summer reading list....which I think I actually read, nerd that I was (am).
That's amazing.
Good job, Shaunna, for turning out two beautiful, intelligent beings!
We're not old; we are aged like fine wines.
;)

Julie said...

I cannot believe how little the girls were in those pictures! Yes, I do not want Sheridan to grow that fast but I also don't want her to stay in the terrible two's. Is that asking too much???

Courtney ;-) said...

such a sweet post ... and two super sweet little girls! :)

Kara said...

Awwww! That's how I remember your girls!