Friday, August 1, 2008

Austin Car Show


Way back in April, my dear, dear friend Misty came to Austin with her family for the Austin Classic Car Show. I don’t even know if this is the actual name, but it’s what I’ll call it for the purposes of this blog entry.  Yep, this entry is a tad delayed!  Misty and Dan come each year with their boys. They drive at what I gather is the speed of turtles to get their cars all the way to Austin from Houston, helping others that have broken down along the way.

[Enter Heath’s contribution from April] So anyway, back to my fiancée, he rocks, totally took me down to hang with my friends and wined and dined me, and other things that rhyme with that. He continues to impress me with his wide knowledge of virtually everything. He knew the make & model of every car, the horsepower it produced and even the torque of the beasts. I mean, here is this simply humble & modest man, that knows everything about anything….I must remember to keep Bud Light in fridge at all times….. [Exit Heath’s input]

Misty’s car this year was a 55 Chevy Pickup and Dan brought his 29 Model A. Dan’s son, Joey brought his 56 Chevy 210.  Just don't ask me which is which ... ;)



3 comments:

Rose said...

Fun stuff. Visit my blog.. . a little something for you.
http://rosemcdigiscrap.blogspot.com/2008/08/dst-is-turning-2.html

Julie said...

I'm with you about not knowing much about cars but this post absolutely cracked me up! From the speed of turtles to Heath's insightful input! ;) Good stuff!

Alyce said...

mmmm.....sexy cars.....