Another school year has begun! This 30-something mom drove her sweet baby girls to their respective schools. I'll save you from the whole "my kid is in high school" blah-di-blah, but yes, I'm there. We're back to being in two different schools and I'm realizing just how much I enjoyed having them at the same school. Talk about easy! This two schools business and their different start times is not at all convenient. Even if they are both 5 minutes down the road. It's so close, in fact, that I sit in line AT the school longer than it takes us to actually get there.
Evidently, I'm not one of these moms (or Aunt!) who sent pictures out the morning of school starting as it's now the end of day two, BUT ... I did take a couple not so great pictures w/ a tiny little story behind them that I thought you might not be able to live without seeing.
Paige, 7th Grade
Nicole and I helped Paige carry in her school supplies since there were too many bags. I'm still not sure why they need so much! They don't come close to using it all. When we got to her locker, I told her I needed to take a "real quick" picture (this is where she rolled her eyes). I assured her I'd be fast, and no one would even notice. I even turned on the camera, zoomed in, etc all while keeping the camera hidden behind my super cute new red bag. I'm so stealth, it's just scary. One,two,three .. and here you have the ONE picture I was able to take of my new 7th grader in front of the lockers:
Nicole, 9th Grade (aka Freshman)
We followed all the other cars very slowly into and through the parking lot. Seriously .. kids were walking on the sidewalk faster than we were moving. Just before we got to the drop off point, I told Nicole I wanted a picture of her, too. She was NOT on board with this plan. I zoomed in to try to get a pic of the name of the school over the back entrance (you know, test pic) and then tried to snap one of Nicole before she bolted ... oh, yeah. forgot to zoom out. doh!
Today was day two .. not quite as exciting as the first day. Schedule change, loud boys in Science class, snotty girl in Choir, not great teachers for 2nd half of schedule, but still a good day. Back with friends, homework for Nicole, blisters from new shoes. You get the picture. ;)
4 comments:
sorry ... i was just excited for my kindergartener! :(
Glad your girls had a good first day!! :)
You're a Parent Papparazzi!!
;)
Great job!!! I'll be there with you!!!
Oh my gosh, reading your blog scares me so bad... I know time will fly so quickly before I know it Syd will be a teenager : (. As it is I'm mourning the fact that she's turning 8 this year. I miss the cute little girl...
Post a Comment