Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend in San Diego

I kid you not, we took over 200 pictures in one weekend. We were so excited to be in San Diego, I suppose we didn’t want to miss a single moment. It was a long 4 day weekend, though. That helps in my justification for the NEED to have all these photos. That and we did A LOT. I almost lose track of everything we managed to cram into such a small amount of time.
Reason for visit: just cuz. Frank and Shelly came the furthest distance to stand with us in the sand as we exchanged vows in St Thomas. They even caught the red eye and flew all night. We figured the least we could do to repay the favor was to visit their hometown and let them drive us all over their city ;) {THANK YOU Frank & Shelly ~ you were fantastic hosts!!} We arrived mid afternoon on Friday eager and ready for some fun. We very reluctantly flew back home Monday afternoon.

In just a couple short days, we managed to cram in quite a bit ...

Friday - had some fish tacos at Tidewater (burger for Heath), go to the horse races (a first for both of us!), had drinks at Fleetwood, and gladly picked up Julie and Cameron late that night after they almost didn't get on the flight.
Saturday - we enjoyed shrimp tacos at Georges (another burger for Heath) and walked on the beach in La Jolla, visited the Mt Soledad Memorial, and took in a Padres game (they won!). You can see my next post for those pics.

Sunday - we drank our way through an all afternoon lunch at En Fuegos (Heath enjoyed the Mexican food in place of his next burger!!) with Jeff & Jamie and their beautiful babies, went bodysurfing in my jeans at the beach in Del Mar, had the best seafood dinner at Blue Coral. After our long, late dinner, we drank wine out by the fire pit and enjoyed a few desserts.

Monday - we went to Coronado to do some Shopping, hit the Del (aka Hotel del Coronado) and walked along another gorgeous beach in Southern California. I'm pretty sure I could live there if you twisted my arm.

Oh, and no trip to SoCal is complete without my In-n-Out fix. After this lunch, you can say we ate our way through San Diego.
I mean, really… I don’t think we could have fit one more thing in! I gave you the VERY condensed version of our weekend, and the pics above are just a few of my favorites from the trip. If you really want to see them all, click here. There are some pretty funny ones that might just need an explanation or two. You know where to find me :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ok Mrs. Fancypants - since you are so fast at downloading pictures and posting about our trip, I'm going to let you do the same for me! ;) It was definitely a great trip!!!

Rose said...

San Diego is an amazing city. I cannot wait to go back to visit my dear friends! glad you had a great trip.