Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Last Summer Weekend

This past weekend was the last official weekend of summer for us :(

Summer Heat is here to stay for awhile longer, but thankfully we got some much needed rain this weekend. We all watched with awe as the rain fell on our very thirsty and very brown yard! In between rain showers, we made our way through high school introductions, bonding with Coleson, visiting family and maybe even finding our new home.

Nicole's Fish Bowl was a success .. she signed up for 4 clubs and got a feel for her new school! She even made a new friend :) Tomorrow morning should be a smooth transition ... While Nicole was getting acclimated to her new school, we had dinner with Cameron, Julie & Sheridan. It was such a fun dinner w/ friends at the Texican Cafe .. even if we did have a sleepy and grouchy Paige with us. (Maybe, just maybe we shouldn't stay up till 3am when our friends sleep over.)

We even made a drive to G-town to see baby Coleson :) He's just as cute as he can be in person and I only held him for 30 of the 35 minutes we were there. As we drove away from Ryan & Randa's, I asked Heath and the girls why they didn't want to hold Coleson and they all, in unison, said they were afraid to ask or try for fear I'd bite their hands off! I mean, really .. I think I might be getting a bad wrap here. Who wouldn't want to hold this baby for as long as possible? I was too busy holding him that I didn't actually pull my camera out of my purse, but luckily, these pics were just shared this week:




The last honorable mention of this weekend is that we may have found The House (click to see more pics). Wish us luck on becoming owners of this great find!!! We've named it Cinnabar.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

That house looks great!! Best of luck!
I'm so close to closing... we're just waiting to hear her response about the requested repairs... cross your fingers that she'll agree to repair the roof and treat for termintes! ;)