I haven't had a formal "we're having a baby!" post. For those of you who knew to look for it or typically spend all your time reading mundane blog details, you might have seen our little announcement on my Thanksgiving entry. Our baby Chapman is due July 27th.
Yesterday we had a little scare. Without going into all the sordid details, lets just say there was a new development that had not happened for me in my first two pregnancies. I talked to the on call doctor and was told to rest and if things didn't get worse to call first thing this morning so they could get me in today. Things got better, but I called and made an appointment anyways. While talking with my new doctor today, he was very reassuring - even when we couldn't hear the heartbeat. "It's still early." So, they got me in for a last minute ultrasound (apparently, they warm the gel now!) to verify that everything is okay. And it is! Baby looks good and has a strong heartbeat (167). Oh .. and there's only one. Heath was convinced there might be two. I cannot begin to tell you how relieved I was to see this little one on that screen today! This makes every silly drink I've missed worth it .. and then some.
Baby Chapman at 11 weeks:

Our next (scheduled) appointment is on January 15th where we will have a high resolution ultrasound done for the early genentic screening. I'm hoping that by next week, we'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler device. I can not wait to see Heath's face when he hears his baby for the first time!
8 comments:
Phew.....so glad that everything is OK. Please take care of yourself, and that little baby! So good to see the sonogram!!!
omg! I'm so glad everything's okay! Hooray for that strong, healthy little Chapman!
OMG- no more scares!!! I am glad everything is okay and you got a peek at the little one.
oh yea, I've been waiting for the formal announcement! Glad to hear you and baby are doing well! And I second the "no more scares" comment! :)
So glad to hear everything is ok! Take good care of yourself...lots of rest!
Glad everything is honky dorey! I have to say, I laughed at your ultrasound....our baby's are twins! They both look like chicken nuggets and have strange things coming out of their heads! (Mike's still trying to convince me that's an arm and not a horn.)
Take care of yourself, woman!
Glad that you're okay. . and that baby is growing.
Once you hear baby on the doppler, let me know and I'll lend you our heart beat doppler we bought with Cayden. It's the same type of machine as the doctor's office (not that thing they sell at Babies R Us).
Anyway, congrats on 11 weeks. . and I'm glad you like Dr. F. He does more u/s now than before. We only got one at 20 (well, and 8, and 10, and 16, and any other time I freaked out w/ Hannah LOL).
xoxo
I'm so glad everything is alright and that you got to see your little baby!
Post a Comment