Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2008 In Review ... Welcome 2009!

So many people are posting their new year’s resolutions or year in review posts, that I thought I might do the same. Only, I made no resolutions. The only one I sort of made isn’t really a resolution, but is to have a healthy baby. That’s my focus and what I’m “working on” for the first half of this year. I feel so much more than blessed to have the opportunity .. again .. that I’m doing my best not to complain too much and filling my alcohol “void” with food. Lots and lots of food! I eat often and pretty much whatever I want. While I had my moments of crying (yes, I really did cry) about not being able to drink a glass of wine, I’ve had my priorities reset a little recently and realizing that one year of not drinking will probably do me some good! If it weren’t for the middle of the night visits to the bathroom, I’d be sleeping really great! I am having some crazy dreams (can you say hormones?), but sleep is very sound.

I actually kicked the caffeine habit and I think that’s pretty incredible! It’s funny, though, because I really don’t think drinking caffeine is terrible while pregnant. I drank cokes all day long every day with Nicole and Paige. I hadn’t set out to quit caffeine cold turkey, but while I wasn’t feeling so great, I stopped having my one cup of coffee each morning. I had already cut out cokes awhile back when trying to watch my weight … I watched it alright. Watched it go up, up, up after the wedding! Once the morning coffee habit was broken, I just didn’t pick it back up. After all, I weaned myself off the caffeine and suffered the headaches so I might as well run with it. I do occasionally have a coke or tea in the afternoon, but for the most part, I’m drinking lots of juice, water and lemonade. Who am I, right? But I digress ...

Regarding my 2008 recap, well, it was pretty darn fantastic! Our year was filled with so many great things that despite the terrible economy and the daily worry of losing my job, I just can’t help but be thankful for the year I just had. The beginning of 2008 I was celebrating my engagement and planning a wedding. Nicole made the very scary (for me, not her) move to high school and Paige began her 2nd year of middle school. She laughed at the 6th graders and how tiny they are. I married the most wonderful man on the beach in St Thomas. It was the most romantic ceremony and was beyond perfect. I turned 33 – very uneventful and I’m okay with that. We started house hunting and then decided to take a break. We found out that we’re going to have a baby! We made it through our holidays without any drama and we rang in the new year in our pj’s in the living room with Nicole and Paige. All in all, 2008 was a great year! :)

2009 is already off to a busy start as we’ve found a house to make an offer on and another 2 in line behind that one. No pictures being posted this time … I might jinx it! Tomorrow is our 12 week appt and early screening, so I hope to have a new picture to post after. It’ll probably look a lot like the one from last week ;)

No comments: