Saturday, January 24, 2009

What's in a dream?

Well, when you're pregnant, perhaps, there's quite a bit! Kara was right on when she posted about the crazy dreams that happen during these miraculous months of carrying another life. Mostly, I just write them off to those wild, raging hormones, but secretly I've been waiting for THAT dream that tells me if this baby I am carrying is a boy or a girl.

My dream with Nicole was so vivid and clear. I still remember it to this day and it was right on! I had to wait till she was born to know that my dream of a little girl with dark brown curls was not just a dream. With Paige it wasn't as vivid, but I only had to wait till my ultrasound to know that my second dream of a girl would also come true.

I have truly felt this baby was a boy for quite awhile now. That and everyone else has thought so, too. Heath is 110% convinced baby is a boy and poor Jill was the only one who is thinking girl. This pregnancy has been so different than with my first two, so it seemed natural to think that was because this one was a boy. I woke up after hitting snooze for the third time this morning to realize I had dreamt of another little girl. She was a happy baby with brown hair needing a diaper change. In this dream, my kitties had another bird surprise for me so I asked Paige to watch HER while I cleaned up the mess so SHE wouldn't fall off the bed. Now, this was not a crazy dream, it was more like real life ... my crazy life only with another little girl in it :)

This post gets even longer when I tell you that later that morning I talked to my friend Allison about this necklace theory. It's an old wives tale that is supposed to predict the sex of the baby based on how the necklace twirls over your wrist. In a circle for a girl and back and forth for a boy. Silly? Yes, maybe, but when it very correctly swirled in a circle twice and then again for a third time, I was convinced. Allison said it was exactly right for her and no matter how many times she and I tried it, the result was always the same. Then, we squealed in unison! It was kind of like all those girls on the bachelor. All that screaming into the phone. I promptly began making calls to my other pregnant friends to see if it worked for them, too. (There are 12 of us right now!) Kara will be reporting back after she's tried it. Julie won't know until her ultrasound in a few weeks, but I think it's right. Sara and Tara both know what they are having, but it didn't work quite right for them. Regardless, I'll have to wait till mid March to know for sure, but at this point, I'm pretty convinced.

What if I'm wrong? I'd be thrilled to know that I'm having a boy! I would be just as terrified and overjoyed at either outcome. Boys at an early age scare me to pieces and well, my girls at times give me peeks into the next few years and that makes me love wine! I am so thankful it's not up to me because there is no way I'd be able to ever make a decision. Until we know for certain, it sure is fun to play these guessing games and to think I have some clues :) That and I DO love pink!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I definitely believe the dreams are true! I hope you are having a little girl....especially if I am! ;) I just had my girl dream for baby #2 and the necklace theory was in line with that! Yeah! Cameron thinks it's all ridiculous but I just ignore him! ;)

Alyce said...

Oh, I'm sure Heath will survive if it's a girl! LOL Well... he WILL be seriously outnumbered... Maybe I'll just knit you something with pink and blue stripes!

Rose said...

What does the Chinese Lunar Test say? That one was accurate 50% of the time. . . correct w/ Hannah, incorrect w/ Cayden. Hehehehe

Umm. . .I dreamed Hannah was a boy. . . was dead on convinced until the u/s.

You should be able to find out fairly soon. We found out w/ C at 16 weeks. . :) Wheeeee!!

Regardless, it's been so long since you've shopped baby. And you don't want to be disappointed. . . so just don't think about it. LOL

PS. . . everyone I know who was/is pregnant and has 2 girls at home brought home/will be bringing home a little boy. (and that's 3 women)

This is the year for boys.