Most of you know how I fret about the holidays ... where will we go? Who will we see? My decision making was made simple when PD and Bill invited my family to join us in Georgetown with the Chapman Clan. Mom, Buddy, Crystal and Kalie packed up their goodies to contribute to the Thanksgiving potluck. We all arrived together and had such a yummy dinner. I was so proud when I didn't go back for seconds ... but then I found the desserts! Oh well, better luck next year!
Paige & Heath
Nicole & Mom
Paige & Kalie with me and Bentley
Kelli, PD & Kristi
Crystal and me
Nicole won't admit she likes these puppies, too
To take a quick step back, our Thanksgiving day started off with a little sneaky surprise. I called the parents into the kitchen where PD was putting the last touches on dinner. After I had their attention, I grabbed the gift bag I had brought in with us and said, "We all know who is going to win the game today, so Heath and I are already thinking about next year's game. We were hoping you would all help us decide which one of these we should use." and I pulled out two onesies - one UT, one A&M. When no one seemed to know what I meant, I finished with, "for our baby."
And this was how we told our parents that we are now expecting! Squeels and hugs followed along with a few tears (mostly from me). Bill hung up the onesies in the kitchen so everyone could see them as they came in. Word spread so quickly we didn't have to tell anyone else. They all came up to congratulate us before we even knew they knew. It was such a blessing to be surrounded by so many loving family members on such a big day. It certainly gave us another reason to give thanks!
Heath is soo excited, he came home and updated his facebook profile pic (the onsie I gave him the night I told him and the girls) and his status that night:
It has been such a sweet thing to watch my husband embrace this new direction our life is taking in such a huge way. While I was going to wait a bit before going so public, I'm inspired by his enthusiasm. If life is truly about the journey and not the destination, I can learn from this man to celebrate our blessings as they come. Just another reason I'm so glad I met him and that he asked me to be his wife.
It has been such a sweet thing to watch my husband embrace this new direction our life is taking in such a huge way. While I was going to wait a bit before going so public, I'm inspired by his enthusiasm. If life is truly about the journey and not the destination, I can learn from this man to celebrate our blessings as they come. Just another reason I'm so glad I met him and that he asked me to be his wife.
4 comments:
Whew - I'm so glad the secret is out!!! Now I can talk!! :) I couldn't be happier for you and Heath and the direction your journey is heading!
I'm glad that secret is out, too. Of course, when your little sister calls me to see if you've updated your blog the weekend of Thanksgiving, secrets are hard to keep!
Love you girl! And congrats!
Sounds like it wasn't a HUGE secret... because I too am glad the news is out and I can talk!! I got teary-eyed wen I read about how you announced it. Congrats! Baby shower time!!!
Hello?!?! Can you say "steal my thunder?!?!" You punk, I had to wait until Friday to spill the beans...and I'm due BEFORE you!
So, I read this on Thursday and was DYING to email you but was a good little girl and waited until Friday and then sent it to your old email address (miss Stevens) and I'm guessing you didn't get it. Well, now my secret's out to you. Go read my blog and see the story.
I'm excited to be able to swap symptom stories with you and grow a big belly together...albeit 2000 miles apart.
Congrats to you guys! Not drinking stinks!
Post a Comment