Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Winter Holidays

Wow, where did the last two weeks go? I spent most of my time off from work sleeping or laying on the couch watching my family play Wii. There was some knitting and eating thrown in there, but mostly just sleeping and no blogging. We also had a few holidays thrown in for good measure!

Christmas Eve
We spent the evening with Heath's family and also celebrated Ryan's birthday. Lucky boy was born on Dec 24th so every year's Christmas Eve celebration includes a birthday cake, too! It's always such a great night with family and usually a handful of people I don't know. Only, Heath and his siblings aren't much help. Every time I ask, "who's that?" there's a 50/50 chance any one of them will actually know. They joked about wearing name tags this year ... I'm thinking this would be most helpful to me! Usually, I just drink and talk to the folks I know, but this year, I ventured out and actually visited with new folks and without any liquid courage ;)

Here's a picture of Coleson opening our gift with a little help from his Mommy, Randa:

Christmas Day
We spent the morning exchanging our one present since this was our Christmas Eve of sorts. Of course we picked for each other which to open. Heath surprised me with a new camera (let's hope my pictures get better now!) and I gave Heath the professional photo album of our wedding pictures. (Thanks again Julie!! It was a HUGE hit) After lounging in our PJs for much too long, we made our way to the ranch and took my mom and Buddy along. Good times were had - we ate too much as did everyone else it seems. I managed to take NO pictures, but rest assured that Heath again enjoyed the privelege of a Designated Driver.

December 26th
The girls came home and this was our Christmas morning together. I was thinking it might be torture to make the girls take turns opening presents with us, but this picture really does say it all. They must have had too many Christmases at this point if Paige can't even sit up to open presents!

A few other pics from the morning:

After our morning at home and a plumbing emergency at Texadelphia, we made our way to my mom's house for a very yummy brisket dinner where we, AGAIN, ate too much! My family managed to con Heath into finishing a bottle of tequila with them. Seriously, the entire bottle was gone before we left to come home. Good times, people - Merry Christmas!

New Year's Eve
This is so sad ... we had multiple invites and all were fun options, but we stayed home this year instead. I was fairly certain I wouldn't make it till midnight (and I was right!) and the girls were more interested in being home as a family. Sold! We stayed home and played board games together .. all four of us. Two games of Clue and a game of Sorry had us entertained while Shrek 2 was on and while we waited for the Dick Clark special to start. I was severely dissapointed this year, though. What happened to this show? I love Kelly Pickler, but girlfriend just screamed into her microphone all night. She was cute, but only as I fast forwarded whatever she was saying. Heath and I fell asleep in the livingroom by 10:30 and the girls woke us up about 5 till midnight with sparkling cider. Now, I have traditionally had this for the girls each year so they could toast along with me, but this year, we all toasted with the same drink. That stuff is terrible! I am not a fan, but I am a fan of ringing in the new year with my sweet hubby and all our girls. Happy New Year! 2009 is sure to be a great one :)

2 comments:

Alyce said...

Hooray for NYE at home! I was THRILLED this year when Philip told me his show was cancelled and we'd be having a (very small) gathering at our house!
Best New Years Evar!

Rose said...

Awww! Thanks for sharing your Christmases with us. Lots of fun there. Guess I should do a recap of our weeks, but I'm too tired and I'm NOT preggo!