Just in case you thought I was exaggerating on calling this our "busiest week of December ...ever!", I am posting yet another evening in our super full and super fun week :)
Friday brought a slight dilemma - Two parties, One night. What do we do? Go to both of course! I was trying to muster the energy to do both with what little umph I have left these days. This first trimester sleepiness has been in full gear! I'm usually in bed before either of these parties started. I also have successfully stopped drinking caffeine (I know, can you believe it?) so I opted for a splurge this night and actually had a coke! Wow has my life done a complete shift. My splurge has become a coke after 7pm instead of "sure I'll have another glass of wine!"
First, we had my team's annual Christmas party. There is much drinking. All PC conversation and actions are thrown out the window and there is crazy fighting combined with lots of laughing over the White Elephant gift exchange. This version of the gift exchange has a good mix of gag gifts, downright inapppropriate gifts and then of course ... liquor! This group is the best. I love the people I work with and year after year, it's at the top of my list of reasons to stay where I am. :)
After we made our exit from said party number one, we were off to said party number two. Heath and I drove down to Star Bar (a group fave) to wish Jamie a very happy birthday! Okay, really, I drove Heath after he consumed many beverages at the first party ... drinking for two, ya know! ;)
Jamie's birthday is 4 days after Heath's and one day after Cameron's. Usually, these three combine forces and throw the biggest bday bash possible. I'm sure we all remember Alligator Dave last year. This year, though, two of the three have pregnant wives, which didn't lend itself to the same celebration. We couldn't miss the opportunity to wish Jamie a Happy Birthday, though, so off we went! I am happy to report that the water at Star Bar is fabulous ;) Just ask for a little lime!
Jamie's birthday is 4 days after Heath's and one day after Cameron's. Usually, these three combine forces and throw the biggest bday bash possible. I'm sure we all remember Alligator Dave last year. This year, though, two of the three have pregnant wives, which didn't lend itself to the same celebration. We couldn't miss the opportunity to wish Jamie a Happy Birthday, though, so off we went! I am happy to report that the water at Star Bar is fabulous ;) Just ask for a little lime!
Happy Birthday Jamie!
(To understand the fingers, you also have to know
this is the day they found out their Tex is ranked number one in Austin!)
1 comment:
Well, I don't get the last picture even with the explanation, but it looks like you had lots of fun! Have a great New Year!
Post a Comment