Sunday, September 7, 2008

8th Grade Dance

As Nicole and I were leaving the Choir Booster Club meeting, she shares with me how surprised everyone was last year when she got up to sing at the American Idol Karaoke competition at the 8th grade dance. She says that everyone's jaws dropped when they heard her voice.

Excuse me?

Wait. back up ... What?!?

Apparently, at the 8th grade dance, which oh by the way was in MAY of this year, Nicole got up in front of a group of her peers and the judges to sing. She chose Vanessa Carlton's
"Ordinary Day". Now, I know she can sing and still wonder where this talent came from since I can't hold a tune to save my life, but she took home 2nd place! Now, tell me why I'm just now hearing about this?!?! This is why I am feeling very justified in my desire to chaparone these dances!

Winners:
Third place duet, 1st place Ozzy impersonation, and my 2nd place winner :)


Nicole and her friends, Susan & Phoebe

4 comments:

Courtney ;-) said...

OMG! That's so fun! I can not wait to hear her sing!

Congrats, Nicole!!! :)

Julie said...

That is funny! Well, maybe not the whole you not knowing part. Actually, yes. That IS funny.

Way to go Nicole! I can't wait to hear her sing!

Jill said...

OK - Even though you say Nicole in the beginning, the whole time I am reading it I am thinking Paige...then I see the pictures...WHAT UP NIC??!! That is so awesome - great song too...she should move from backstage to onstage...clearly... ;-)

Rose said...

How cool is that? WTG, Nicole!!