Little known fact about me … I love baseball.
I wouldn't say I’m an avid fan. I don’t know a ton of trivia, but I do know some and that hasn’t stopped me from enjoying a game or two – and even at times when I'm the only one in the room. Gasp! I’ve taken a little hiatus from watching games and even paying attention to the season scores, but now I’ve got a renewed interest.
Awhile back, I decided I need a "bucket list" of my own. One of the first things on my list is to visit each of the Major League baseball stadiums in this great nation. My love of baseball started with seeing the Astros play in the Astrodome (Thank you, Dad!!) and continued as they moved to Minute Maid park. I haven’t been back to see the Astros play since Biggio’s last season ended. I was sad to see him go ... he sure did make baseball look good ;) Since then, making my way to Houston to take in a game just isn’t the same without him and the rest of the Killer B’s.
Our trip to San Diego would not have been complete for me without taking in a Padres Game at Petco Park! I know the girls in our group were less than thrilled to learn this! What a great way to awaken my interest in this great game and check off my second park. Looks like I’m starting with the National League since I have plans to see Wrigley field when we’re in Chicago next month! The cubs are hoping to be in the playoffs by then, but there will be no chance of me actually getting tickets, but I WILL be visiting the park. As of now, I’ve got two down in that division with only 14 to go. Chicago ... here I come! I’ll miss two original parks in New York since Yankee Stadium II and Citi Field open next year, but I’m well on my way.
List of Baseball Parks (Team)
Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox)
Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) - To Be Seen, October 2008
Yankee Stadium (New York Yankees)
Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles Dodgers)
Shea Stadium (New York Mets)
Angel Stadium (Los Angeles Angels)
McAfee Coliseum (Oakland A's)
Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City Royals)
Metrodome (Minnesota Twins)
Rogers Centre (Toronto Blue Jays)
US Cellular Field (Chicago White Sox)
Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles)
Dolphin Stadium (Florida Marlins)
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington (Texas Rangers) - Road Trip anyone?
Progressive Field (Cleveland Indians)
Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)
Turner Field (Atlanta Braves)
Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Devil Rays)
Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks)
Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners)
Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros) - Check! Last visited July '07
AT&T Park (San Francisco Giants)
Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers)
Miller Park (Milwaukee Brewers)
PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates)
Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati Reds)
Petco Park (San Diego Padres) - Check! Aug '08
Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia Phillies)
Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals)
Nationals Park (Washington Nationals)
Here's our visit to Petco Park:
The Padres played the Rockies and won :)
What a great night with friends!
What a great night with friends!
3 comments:
Girl, NOTHING beats a game at Fenway Park! You let me know when you're coming and I'll get us tickets to the greatest ballpark in the US!
I love baseball too so you weren't twisting my arm to go to the game. :) But I had no idea this was such a huge passion of yours. Road trip to Arlington? Yes, I'm in! I think I know a place where we can stay AND you can hold a baby for hours!
Well, that's fun! I must say I'm a die hard Yankees fan thanks to Derek Jeter and his um. . . smile ;) That's sooo cool. I can't wait for my 1st major league game!
Post a Comment