Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tree Trimming '08

Every year, I make a big deal about waiting until after Nicole's birthday, Dec 7th, to decorate for Christmas so that she feels her birthday is separated just a bit from all the holiday festivities.  This year, not only did Nicole decide she didn't mind if we decorated the tree before her birthday, but she was front and center helping me every step of the way!  Paige, not so much.  We decided to go with a frosty look this year and chose silver, white and blue ornaments.  Changing my decor every year could get pricey if not for the super sale Sears was having or the Dollar store.  You think I'm kidding on the latter, but really ... at $1 apiece you'd be surprised how great they actually look. ;)-  There's my frugal find of the season ... don't laugh.

Heath was nice enough to do the heavy lifting and pulled the ornaments and tree down from the attic.  He popped the tree together in about 2 minutes and then we were off!  He watched as we very thoughtfully chose a place for each ornament.  We even convinced Paige to help out with a few toward the end.  She was long gone for picture time, though.  I found her hiding out in her room with Trixie. (Any one want to borrow a 12 yr old? They are SOO fun!)

Our 2008 Christmas Tree
Me and my little helpers:

2 comments:

Rose said...

I love that photo of you and Nicole. . . so sweet! Tree looks gorgeous. I have too many sentimental ornaments to change themes every year. . oh and too many snowmen. . . would you like any snowmen?? LOL

Julie said...

I love that you change the theme on your tree every year and I think it looks great this year!