Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Choir Concert

The choir had their winter concert on Tuesday of our "busiest December week ever!!" and I some how was put in charge of being the adult to sit behind the freshmen girls to keep them in line.  Um... note to self, do not sign up for this duty again.   There were four rows of girls, most of whom were good, but they glared right back when I gave them the evil eye with the universal finger to mouth sign of SHHHHH.  They giggled, texted, whispered and finally hunched down in their seats so they were "disguised" in their misbehaving.  I couldn't even determine how I was supposed to shush the front two rows.

Despite my duties of the evening, it really was a great concert.  We ended up sitting just behind Nicole and her friends.  My mom and Buddy came up to join Paige and I in the audience.  I was introduced to a new song (my new fave), Jamaican Noel, and then the tears flowed.  First, we had some really great, soulful soloists and then I paid attention to the lyrics.  Oh yeah and I'm all hormonal and cry at nothing.  Paige is convinced I'm crazy.  She even hid my face with the program and said, "Let me give you a moment".  Following this, was the sing along portion of the evening and Nicole kept us honest.  When she noticed we weren't singing along, she mouthed "sing!" from up on stage.  Too bad I didn't know all the lyrics of each song.  

After the concert, the choir booster club hosted a small reception with apple cider and homemade goodies.  By the time we made it home, it was 10pm and well past my bedtime!  And there you have day two :)

Some pics of the evening ... 


2 comments:

Rose said...

Is Jamacian Noel . . . sing noel. . sing noel. . . noel. . noel?? If so, Hannah's school sang that in honor of Kwanza, but it was GORGEOUS!

Anyway, looks like they had lots of fun. Give me a heads up, I'd love to come here her sing.

Alyce said...

omg
I can't believe you volunteered to keep that many girls in line!
You are so brave!