Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Heath!

Heath's birthday fell on a Monday this year and the Monday of our busiest December week .. ever!  We postponed our original steakhouse plans when Heath requested instead a quiet night at home.  In retrospect, this was a perfect plan since every single night is booked for the next week straight and we ended up having two extra attendees at our little celebration :)

Dinner was not gourmet, but Heath was happy ... Chicken Pot Pie has become one of his favorites to his surprise and mine.  After all, it does have chicken in it.  The girls and I surprised him with a few new wii games (so fun!!) and some new shirts after singing happy birthday and enjoying a very yummy cookie cake.  

My December Bdays :)

Mali even joined in the singing. You'd think the smoke from the candles would have scared her away, but no, this dog is loyal to her dad.  Okay, who am I kidding, she really wanted some of the cake ;)

One happy husband with the Wii and Beer

The rest of the evening was spent tournament style - odd man out playing the winner of trivia, darts, basketball hoops, skee ball, air hockey and shuffle board.  I even made my way from the couch to the wii for a few rounds before my super early bedtime.  All in all, it wasn't the night I had originally planned, but it turned out very nice. :) 

Happy Birthday Honey!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday, Heath. I've NEVER seen Shaunna more in love in all my life. And I've known her a LONG time. You're a great guy to make her that happy! Hugs!