Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother’s Day

This is my 14th Mother’s Day (doesn’t that sound crazy?) and I’ve finally figured out that I can ask for what I would like to receive. What a concept, right?!? Well, this year, I requested a wakeboard. Yes, I said wakeboard! I tried to learn using Heath’s board last summer and have really wanted my own. Of course, it needs to be pink and look girly, too. ;) "Let’s wait till the season ends to get one on sale" turned into "let’s get one for Christmas" and now, well, it’s May. Thus my Mother’s day request. We celebrated Mother's Day a day early on Lake Travis. Mali tagged along and the girls both took a turn to wakeboard, too! It was a perfect day!

Then, on Sunday for Mother's Day, we met my mom, Buddy, Crystal & Kalie at Starbucks for presnts and coffee. I was still splurging and not only had a non-diet coffee, but blueberry coffee cake, part of Paige's cinnamon roll and quite a few of the white chocolate covered strawberries my mom gave me. yum-o! My sister wrote the most heartfelt letter that brought on many tears. It was filled with all the reasons she looks up to me and I have to admit it was a learning experience for me. So sweet and much apprecated!! Then, we went to Barton Creek mall for some shopping w/the girls. Buddy quickly made his exit and headed home at this point. ;)


Crystal, Mom, Me :)

1 comment:

Rose said...

Awww. . . you are a great mom, and a great sister, I'm sure. I'm the big sister so I know that Heather looks up to me. I can only hope that I am as much of a blessing to her as she is to me!