Saturday, May 17, 2008

80’s Prom

Some of Heath’s friends decided that it would be fun to throw a 80’s themed party in the month of May which is prom season. Everyone was instructed to wear what we would have to a prom from that decade and I was sad to realize that these “costumes” could now be found at vintage stores. I can’t even remember where I got this dress or explain why on earth I still had it, but it was perfect! It did not still fit, but with a few alterations during the Texas Tornado scare, I made it work. I had some pink tulle left over from a baby shower I hosted back in January, so I used to it to lace up the back and tie my crimped hair back and voula!


Flashback to the 80’s:
All the guys opted for the tuxedo t-shirt but
Heath took it a step further and found some
Iron Maiden Vans to wear with his torn and rolled jeans!
We all took the traditional posed “couple” pics before the prom.

I even made myself a corsage and a boutenierre for Heath

There were "professional" pictures taken at the prom along with a few candids:
What prom would be complete without
crowning a Prom King & Prom Queen!?! You guessed it, yours truly in the pink dress won!
Ray Day won Prom King. Here we are donning our crowns and sashes.

Then, of course, we had to celebrate!

What a fun night!

6 comments:

Jill said...

who says you can't go back?

Courtney ;-) said...

OH! I am sooooooo glad to finally see these pictures! CLASSIC!!! love it!

Rose said...

Okay. . it's official. Y'all are weird.

Julie said...

Oh, it was totally worth the wait to see those pictures! LOVE. THEM.

Alyce said...

That dress looks strangely familiar.... ;)

tigercrush said...

i recognize that dress, too! i'm so glad you took it the whole nine yards :)