Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Anderson Mill Baracudas Swim Team

Nicole decided she would like to try out for the Westwood Swim Team, so I encouraged her to join a summer swim league to give it a try and get some practice in. We enjoyed nightly swim practices that started before the school year ended. She very quickly decided that she would not participate in any of the meets, but I urged her to take part in the Swim Trials just in case. This was an ALL night affair on the last Friday of the school year. Nicole did great!! She enjoyed some girl talk in between Heats. She participated in all four strokes, too!
Here they are hanging out waiting for the group picture

Paige tried to be a good sport while we waited. She was hot and tired, so waiting in the sun while other kids got to swim was not her idea of fun! Here, she’s realizing that we are still at the pool a few hours later.
Our trip to the Virgin Islands kept us from participating in the first two meets, which began at 6am and lasted all day. When I started thinking about how much fun it would be to get up on a Saturday morning to force my kid to do something she wasn’t enjoying was when my typical “Finish What you Start” mantra faded away into the background and I actually let my daughter quit what wasn’t as easy as she expected.
I know … Mom Grade: F.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It's not like you let her quit school or something crazy like that. :) It's okay to save your "Finish what you start" mantra for other bigger things. Pick your battles, right?