Friday, June 26, 2009

Baby Shower ... Take 3

I was the last on board for thinking another baby shower was necessary or even appropriate. After all, this is my third baby. Yes, it's been about 13 years since I owned a single baby related item. No, I did not hang on to any of said baby gear. Yes, this is my first boy. Oh and did I mention the fact that none of you gave me a choice? :)
I have some of the very best friends and family a girl could wish for. A few weeks back (oh wow, okay, a month ago), we all gathered here at the new house to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our first son, Luke. I was, and still am, so surprised to see how many people came over just to shower this baby with gifts and best wishes. It was so nice to see everyone!! It really felt like such a whirlwind of hellos, presents and then goodbyes. I looked around a few hours later and wondered where everyone went and how the time flew by so quickly, but felt truly showered with your love, support and lots of baby boy stuff!!
My hostesses really outdid themselves! Misty, Crystal, Jill, Joy, Kristi, Courtney and Julie (not pictured but there in spirit!) went above and beyond to make this shower a success. I really can't thank you all enough ... You girls are the best!!

Paige really was quite the hostess! She greeted guests and helped be sure that the scrapbook page was signed by all! Nicole was admittedly a little out of her element, but all smiles and eager to meet her baby brother.
Me & my babies ...

Julie had given birth to Miss Leighton just 4 days prior, so she was home with her newest bundle. Sara, who had given birth to baby Hank just 10 days earlier, actually made the trek over with her brand new baby boy! Everyone was so impressed with how great she looked and how brave she was for venturing out with a new baby. He didn't mind at all being the only boy there, either :)

Here are just a few of the pictures from the shower:

Joy & Kim

Me, Kaci, P.D., Randa & Kristi
(The Chapman Ladies)

High School Friends:
Christina, JennRicci, Amy, Cedar, Kitt & Melissa

Sisters: Crystal & Barb


A few more Chapman ladies:

Suzie, Phyllis, Mary, Grace & Karol

Scrappin Crew:

Ashley, Amy & Sara

Thank you all again for a fabulous shower! We really appreciate your love and support. As excited as Nicole, Paige, Heath and I are to meet Luke, we now know you all are pretty excited to meet him, too. :)

2 comments:

Alyce said...

It was great to see you! I can't wait to meet Luke!

Julie said...

I was so sad to miss your shower so I'm very glad you posted some pictures from it!! And yes, we are just as excited as y'all to meet Luke!!!