My birthday started like all the others ... a call at the crack of dawn (okay before dawn has even cracked) from my Dad. He likes to be the first one to wish me a happy birthday ... and he was! at 6am. :) My sister and Mom called before I made my way out the door .. I was off to work and my family was still asleep. Um? Fair? I think the only one who moved was Mali and that was only to take my spot in bed.
My phone continued to ring and text throughout the morning ... thank you to all my friends who sent happy birthday messages :) It certainly helped me smile my way through a yucky morning of meetings and calls. This is where I'm pretty sure it should be a rule that we NOT work on our birthdays. Heath and the girls surprised me in the midst of all these calls and texts to let me know that they had stolen my car. They took it to get it cleaned and had it back in the parking lot before I had to leave for lunch. The fact that he got my kids out of bed before noon AND left me with a clean car would have been enough to make the day complete, but it only got better from there!
The girls left flowers for me at the front desk at work - one of my most favorite treats!!
When I met Courtney for lunch at Chuy's, I thought it was going to only be the two of us. I had been looking forward to this lunch all morning. It was the highlight of my day and she surprised me by inviting Tara and Melissa to join us!! They spoiled me with gifts and girl talk over chips and creamy jalepeno. Seriously .. didn't think it could get better.
After work, I came home to find a cookie cake complete with candles .. they sang Happy Birthday and had covered the kitchen with pink balloons and streamers. It was so sweet ... I almost cried. Talk about self control to keep the pregnant lady from crying when she saw cake! ;)
The girls had put together a scavenger hunt and with each clue there was a gift ... Jewelry, gift cards, candles and at the end was a note - Spa treatment of my choice! Paige even played the part of me and took some pictures ....
After the fun game and gifts, we went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory .. my mom and Buddy met us there. We all ate waay too much and had to take our cheescakes home. Dinner was the perfect way to end a terrific birthday full of surprises and fun!! I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such sweet friends and family. Thank you all!!
3 comments:
Yay for cookie cakes!! Looks like a great day for a great lady!
I'm glad you had a great day and were properly spoiled like you should be! You definitely deserve it!
What a sweet family you have!!! You deserve it all, girl! :)
Post a Comment