Monday, July 20, 2009

the infamous wall

If you've talked to me in the last few months or been in earshot of me talking to anyone else, you've heard about this wall. We moved into this great big house with plenty of room and somehow along the way we both agreed that our master was too big and should have been two rooms. Why not build a wall in between and make the smaller section Luke's room? hmm... hindsight tells me this may have been more than "we" should have taken on and I am pretty sure Heath is sorry he ever agreed to it ;)

We are convinced at this point that the original floorplan called for this space to be two rooms instead of one massive Master, but this was quite the project to make it happen after moving in. I have to brag on my husband, though. After all my complaining and nagging, this wall IS completed in time for me to have a nursery ready and waiting for Luke to arrive and this wall looks like it's always been there. Very professional! Heath did agree to some help along the way ... a professional electrician (thanks Graeme!) and borrowing some much needed man tools (thanks Jeremy & Cameron!) .. but he really gets all the credit of constructing this wall and making it happen.

so drumroll ... the wall is done and here's the beginning to end transformation!!

Initial Construction to create the door
(Our room on the left, Luke's on the right)

View from our room:

View from Luke's Room:

(Closet being costructed on right)


Completed view from hallway:

Pretty impressive, isn't it?!? He really outdid himself and this is where I say, He was right and I was wrong. :)

6 comments:

Alyce said...

What a lovely wall! Good job Heath!

Rose said...

I'm impressed. . . we need to tape and float a wall in our home.. . think he'd want to help? LOL

Now we just need a baby!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, WOw, WOW!!! I am so impressed!!! Great job, Heath!! :)

Amy said...

I totally agree! When I saw the before & after, it was like the wall had always been there. Great job Dad!!!

Julie said...

Shaunna-never admit you are wrong and they are right....especially IN WRITING!!! ;) Oh, and BTW, your 'earshot' comment cracked me up!

Courtney ;-) said...

Heath did such a great job!!! you are one lucky lady to have such a handy man!!!

Great job, Heath!!!