Friday, February 27, 2009

18.5 weeks

This was me last week
18.5 weeks (aka 4.5 months)...

A few of the things I've heard lately:
  • Wow, Mommy, your belly is getting really big.
  • You really look pregnant now! (in our staff meeting last week)
  • Wow ... you're really looking pregnant.
  • How can you wear those things? (about my heels that I insist on wearing)
  • At least you have an excuse (to eat, put on weight, not wear cute clothes, etc)
  • Do you have any names picked out?
  • How are you feeling?

So, yes, my belly has seemed to pop. I'll take another picture today b/c I swear it looked even bigger this morning. This little guy sure is an active guy - he moves all the time! Lately, though, he's been doing some sort of yoga moves that make my belly all lopsided and stretched outward. I will continue to wear my heels just as long as possible and as long as I'm not having any trouble keeping my balance or walking in them. Quite honestly, the shoes are my only hope for a making some of these maternity clothes look cute ;) Clothes today are miles ahead of where they were when I was expecting Nicole and Paige, so I'm very grateful for that and the fact that "normal" fashions today are very forgiving, so I'm still wearing some pre-pregnancy tops. (the one in the pic, for example) The shoes also help, though, so I plan on wearing them as long as they fit!

We do have a name ... at least we think we do. I've been hesitant to share b/c we did get some very candid feedback on the first few on our list and it's been very difficult to find one we agree on. For now, though, we've settled on Luke Brandon Chapman. I think it's a solid name ... very simple, strong and not tough to spell. Go ahead .. all you star wars fans .. say it now in your best Darth Vader voice: Luke, I am your father. Yes, Heath will be able to actually say that. At the moment, though, that's the front runner and I'm beginning to think of this little guy inside as Luke and not just baby boy. :)

6 comments:

Alyce said...

How exciting to be able to say his name when you talk to or about him! You look beautiful, btw!!

Amy said...

I LOVE the name. Traditional. I will PAY you video tape when Heath meets Luke for the first time... you know he will quote Star Wars!! :o)

tigercrush said...

You are that pregnant lady! The one that everyone is jealous of because you look so great. I'd venture to say that would be with or without the heels! ;)

Jill said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NAME!!!

Rose said...

Baby Luke! Yay. . that was on my list :) I LOVE it!!

BTW, I have some of those first maternity clothes of yours. . I'll send them with the doppler. Ha!!

Julie said...

I love that name! And I think you always look great by the way!