Friday, February 27, 2009

we found a house!

After many months of searching, waiting and hoping, we finally settled on the third house we liked enough to put an offer on. We hit a snag when my original plan to transfer the girls didn't seem to be allowed like it would have been 3 years ago when I moved them over here into their current schools. Thinking we would have to pull away from yet another house, I started making phone calls and basically nagging and begging the principal to allow us an exception. After many prayers, multiple annoying phone calls, she was able to make what seemed like the impossible happen. Not only would the district approve her transfer next year, but Nicole will be grandfathered in and be able to stay her remaining 3 years of high school. Hooray!! It took us all of about 3 seconds to call our realtor and we accepted the seller's counter offer.

And this is where we will call home ..
... at least for the next 5 years when Paige will graduate from high school. Yes, you read that right. It's only 5 years till my baby girl leaves for college. Our little boy will be starting kindergarten that year, too, so if Heath still wants to move to Georgetown, we could consider it at that point. Time will tell ...
If you want to see the online video with pics, click here. Exciting, huh?!? :) NOW, I can plan a nursery. Hooray!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi neighbor!!! :) Have I mentioned how excited I am that you'll be all of 3 minutes away from me?!?! :)

Alyce said...

It's lovely! Congrats!

Rose said...

Beautiful!!

Amy said...

How exciting!! When do you close? It is very pretty!! Congrats!