So, the other day, my husband comes home and says, "you haven't blogged in a long time". Yes, I knew it had been awhile and we DO have lots going on to keep us busy, but then I actually looked at my own blog. really? I was 18.5 weeks the last time I posted? I'm 22 weeks now, so that was a really long time ago. My belly looked so cute then, too. What was I thinking? I told my MIL this weekend that I actually look pregnant now and not just like I ate too many burritos. ha! I'll get to posting some pics again soon. I'll just be sure not to take a picture of me next to Julie. I swear I'm bigger than her and she's 5 weeks ahead of me. nice. :)
Until then, let me just fill you in on what we've been doing ...
Well, there's this house we are buying. That means there are documents to locate and send to the lender. It went to underwriting, which meant they needed more documentation. When you hear, 'it's a great time to buy a house" it's true, but it's also a little harder these days considering the economy and all the bad loans still sitting out there. but I digress ... After the paperwork, I needed to make phone calls on our new home owners policy. Four hours later, I'm happy to report that we're with the same insurance company but we have a great new rate! The house was inspected - looks great - and we have a big "to-do" list once we move in. Closing is scheduled for April 6th (which btw, is the day after we get back from Mexico) and then we'll move on the 11th. Movers come at 10am - woohoo!! This means, there are boxes to pack and we are taking this opportunity to purge all the junk we don't need! For the record ... I'm not a fan of packing. Delegating or not ...it's for the birds b/c I know in just a few short weeks, I have to take everything back OUT of the boxes I just put them in ;)
What are you doing with your old house? We'll put it on the market after we move. There's just too much in here to try to show it to potential buyers while we're here. We've been de-cluttering each room, packing what we'll take and getting rid of what we won't so that our realtor can come in and take pics of each room for the flyer before we move and pack the rest. Hopefully, he won't give us a GIANT list of things to fix on this one, but there should be plenty.
Did you say Mexico? Yep, Jamie & Ashley are getting married in Playa del Carmen on April 4th. Heath and I booked the trip in October before we got pregnant, so off we go! I am going to start calling it our babymoon .. just learned that term. It'll be our last adult trip before Luke is born, so we're going to try to do lots of relaxing in the Mexico sun in the middle of a very crazy week! We leave next Thursday and come home Sunday, so it will be a quick trip, but should prove to be lots of fun. And I just love a wedding on the beach ;)
My girls are SOOO happy to be back to school after Spring Break. While all of their friends were off on fabulous vacations (Hawaii, cruises, skiing), they were home with Nazi Pregnant Mom forcing them to pack more boxes. Poor things ... and then Paige was sick for the second half. She would get up each morning, I feel good! depsite running a fever for 4 days. She was thrilled to be getting out of the house and getting to go to school. I think at this point, they are welcoming home work as a deterrent for more packing.
and there you have it ... we're what you call busy and I haven't blogged much, but the coming weeks should be bring lots to talk about, so expect to see more updates soon! As the great Tigger would say ... ta ta for now!
2 comments:
Welcome back to the blog world!! :o)
I can't wait to see some pics!
Post a Comment