It seems we’ve taken a hiatus from events that include photos, but we have plenty keeping us busy!
House –
We’ve had an offer in on a house since January 20th, which shortly after submitting we found out was a short sale. Note to my two readers, if you hear this term when house hunting, run the other way. It’s the longest most drawn out process I’ve ever known about. Long story made short, we’ve been waiting to hear back from the lender after the sellers accepted our offer in less than 24 hours. As of today, 17 days later, we have yet to hear back from the lender and the seller's agent is terrible. After some online research and several calls to the lender myself, I’ve determined that in this case, the online rumors were true. This is one of the worst companies to work with on a short sale and that the term “short sale” is a TERRIBLE name for a process that could potentially take 6 months to close on the house. Waiting till June to close on a house doesn’t work so well for us when I’m due at the end of July. We’re walking away and going to continue looking. Back to the drawing board!
Baby –
This baby boy is growing and moving around just like he’s supposed to be. I had my 16 week appt on Wednesday, which was very quick. They weighed me (I actually looked at the scale but might stop this craziness soon), I visit the restroom at their request and the doctor listened to the heartbeat. I didn’t think to ask how fast his heart was beating, so I actually don’t know the number, but it was just as fast and strong as ever. While listening to this little guys heart beating so fast through the Doppler device, he kicked twice. “You’re going to have your hands full” Dr Fitz tells me. I’ve started to feel these kicks the past week or so – he moves a lot!! – but no one else has had the pleasure yet. When Daddy left for work this morning, he said, “bye baby, I love you”. This nameless baby kicked and Heath said, “oh he loves me too!” So cute!
Speaking of a name … I wish I were as funny as Dooce in her description of this agonizing process. We cannot agree on anything when it comes to boy names. I haven’t found one name I just love and keep throwing out any name I half way would consider. We have a short list, but it changes almost daily. I’m just thankful that we have time to figure this one out!
And while I'm mentioning Dooce, I can just tell you that she, at 22 weeks looks a WHOLE LOT less pregnant than me at 16 weeks. Um .. I look like I swallowed a small child and she looks like she might have had a beer too many last night. really? How is this fair?
Nicole –
High school is keeping this kid busy! She studies all the time and does homework from the minute she gets home till I’m telling her she needs to go to bed. She breaks only for the occasional Guitar Hero battle with Heath (she kicks his butt), to eat dinner and shower. Her weekends are her time to let loose and relax a bit, but she’s doing great and still excelling in a very rigorous program.
She is beyond thrilled at the idea of having a baby brother! After all, she’s had a girly little sister her whole life. She’s ready for someone who will want to climb trees with her and play with cool boy toys. More importantly, she's looking forward to having another kid in the house who won't wear pink ... right along with her.
Paige –
What can I say? Middle school is tough and unfortunately that’s no exception for this kiddo. There are friends who are no longer friends, teachers just don't understand and her mom nags her about washing her face. Her silver lining is Theatre class and she’s loving preparing for each new part and dives into each project that’s thrown her way. There’s another competition next weekend where she’ll be performing her sight reading piece. She can’t wait. Her character creation in class was a hit this week and she’s looking forward to the birthday party this weekend. I’m actually jealous and want to tag along – they are going to see Confessions of a Shopoholic. Fun, right?
She’s not quite as excited about the idea of a little boy in the house, but she can appreciate that Heath needs someone on his side in a house full of girls. She was a little disappointed because she wanted to dress up a little sister in pink. I told her she still could, but Heath’s not such a fan of that idea. Every little boy who grows up with sisters needs that blackmail pic of him in pink ribbons and bows, right? ;)
Heath –
Ah well, this month makes one year of Heath living in a house full of girls. In fact, he’s become so accustomed to everything being female that he calls Thunder (possible name change coming) HER. ;) He’s survived for quite some time without his man room retreat. This has been a critical requirement during out house hunt and I think after being stuck in a small little house together, even if we find this new home w/ a man room, you’ll find us all in the same room anyways! Wherever the Wii is .. you will find my kids and my husband competing, fighting and yelling at the game together. Tex is still doing great and that’s where you’ll find us this weekend if you have no plans for Valentine’s day. Come join us for dinner if you need your queso fix!
2 comments:
I loved reading your update! Very informative and funny! I'm sorry to hear about the house but as long as you're still looking in my neighborhood, I'll be happy! ;) That really should be the top requirement in your search and not so much if the house has a man room! ;)
Oh, and name change for Thunder? Must know more on that one.
PS..still have that doppler for you
Post a Comment