So, you might be wondering why I've devoted three individual posts to Easter ... it's pretty simple. This was the first Easter in many years where the girls were with me. =) This holiday isn't one that is traded. It just randomly falls on different weekends and the last few have been with Harold.
In any case, we woke up Easter morning and despite my feeling sick, we all went to church. Heath and Paige tried to convince me how I should just stay home and rest and that they had my best interest in mind by suggesting that we skip church, but I was on to them! We all made it on time and survived the experience. ;) After church, we stopped home to get the decorated Easter Egg Cakes and Cupcakes and went to have lunch at my mom's. Since the girls didn't participate in the Easter Egg Hunt the day before (there were lots of littler kids there), Heath and I hid some confetti and dyed eggs outside. You would have thought it was Nicole's first hunt ever .. she flew out the door and left poor Paige and Kalie in her dust. I had to hold her back at one point just to make it a fair race!
We ate and ate till we could eat no more, the girls actually had room left for dessert somehow and then there were smiles when my camera came out! (Okay, so they are trained to just smile when Mom asks b/c it WILL go in the scrapbook and I go away faster if they just give in.) Here with her grandkids, my mom even humored me!
No comments:
Post a Comment