Friday, February 19, 2010

TGIF

Well, after these last two weeks we’ve had, I can’t tell you just how excited I am that it’s Friday. I’m very much looking forward to my drinks tonight with Amy. This mom deserves an adult girls night out! That Mexican Martini has my name written all over it and that bartender at Trudy’s better be ready.

As of yesterday, all three kiddos were back to school and everyone is starting to feel better. Hooray! Luke and I enjoyed a very quiet evening alone last night. Instead of doing any of the million things I had to do or even enjoying a glass of wine, I headed for bed after Luke was down. So by 9pm, I was in bed with my three furry kids – Mali, Fat Boy and Trixie. (They all really enjoy when Heath travels b/c I'll share the bed and he won't.) I even slept in a little later than usual since the girls are with their dad and he gets the morning routine of driving them across town to school! I woke up quite refreshed and feeling like I could make it through just One. More. Day. Luke woke up on the right side of the bed this morning, too, which is good … we need him in good spirits and healthy for our trip to the doctor this afternoon for vaccinations.

He smiled for his “Good Morning!” picture to Daddy so I thought I’d share it with you, as well.


Happy Friday people and have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Alyce said...

Glad everyone's feeling better! :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow....he looks like a mini heath in that picture! so cute!! have a good weekend!! xoxo

Melissa said...

You definitely sound like you deserve a drink or two. Enjoy!