Luckily, he’s feeling much better and I’m beginning to climb my way out of this funk. In hindsight, I should have rushed myself into the doctor instead of waiting it out, but I’m a little stubborn like that. Monday was a school holiday so I worked from home one more day to be able to be w/ the kids.
Yesterday was my first day back to work and a good example of a typical day from my life:
6:00 AM: I wake and start consuming massive amounts of caffeine
6:30: Luke is up and ready to eat
7:00: shower and get ready
7:30: pack bags, call girls down for the 3rd time
8:00: we leave the house and I begin my taxi commute. I drop off Paige, then Nicole and then drop off Luke. It's like a big circle through NW Austin and Round Rock.
9:00: Make it to work to “start my day”, two calls scheduled at the same time. Call into one, then the other
9:45: get off 2nd call early to walk across the street to our 10am meeting, which is scheduled till 11:30 (*I’m supposed to pump between 10:30 and 11)
11:45: our meeting runs long, so I rush back to my building to visit the mother’s room
12:30PM: Lunch meeting with my manager that was scheduled from 12-1
1:30: Back to the office to get some email done; thankfully, my 1pm meeting got cancelled.
2:30: supposed to pump, get stuck talking with a coworker at my cube
3:00: conference call
3:30: pump
4:30: leaving office to pick up kids. Nicole texts … “Please pick me up early, I’m running a fever.”
This is where my speedy pace just screeches to a halt. I call Heath, who thankfully is home. He offers to pick up Luke, so I can get Nicole first. We swing by to get Paige on our way home. We all manage to get home by about 5:15 in time for me to make some chicken noodle soup for the girls and feed the baby before heading to the grocery store b/c oh yeah … we have an overnight guest. This normally would have sent me over the edge, but Heath cleaned the house and prepared the guest room while I was at work. After the kids are down and Heath is out to dinner, I'm able to log back onto email to get some more work done and finish my "work" day.
Paige has been complaining off and on about a sore throat for awhile now, but after some hot tea and a good night’s rest, she has been okay to make it to school. Till now. Nicole ran a slight fever last night along with a sore throat and I found her hugging the toilet this morning. The girls were getting onto me all weekend about how I needed to call the doctor. “Why do you make us go, but you don’t go when you are sick?” Proving my children right, I rushed Nicole into the doctor this morning. Paige begged to stay home. Nicole tested negative for both strep and mono. Apparently, both are going around. Ugh. We are starting her on antibiotics now.
So if you ever wonder why I don’t call you back or don’t call more often .. there you go. My crazy life keeps me pretty darn busy. Throw in a nasty virus and I apparently all but disappear. To make things even more fun, Heath left at 7am this morning for Houston. He’ll be gone till Friday.
I think I may need a wife. I hear those stay at home ones are pretty handy!
5 comments:
"I think I need a wife. I hear those stay at homes ones are pretty handy." HAHAHAHAHA - LOVE IT.
Maybe we can share one!!!
Your last comment is freaking hysterical! I cannot stop laughing and it was the perfect way to start off my day! I've found that I'm pretty "handy" when I have a maid! We make a great team! ;)
May I recommend a Russian mail-order bride? My friend got one, and she was very handy around the house.
No, I'm not kidding.
Actually, she was Romanian, now that I think about it.
IS Romanian, I should say.
Thinking of you and your hectic, germ-filled life! Hope you're all on the mend soon!
Forget the stay at home wife, you need a stay at home husband! When mine's functioning (and he's on the mend now!), he's super helpful to a working mom.
I'm so sorry about your rough couple of weeks. Trust me when I say I can FEEL YOUR PAIN! After a month of similiar, I was more tired than I've ever been in my life. In fact, I'm still recuperating now!
Shaunna! It sounds so rough. I'm glad you're hanging in there. I'm also glad everyone is on the mend. I've heard about those daycare germs and it seems there's hardly a family who hasn't been touched by them this season.
Post a Comment