Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We feel WICKED ...

Last year, we found out that Wicked was coming to Austin ... and from that moment on, Paige just knew we'd be going. Lucky for her, Courtney keeps us in the loop on when these spectacular broadway plays come to this little ole college town, gets our tickets AND let's this forgetful mom pay her the day of said play. Knowing I would need to get out and about, I agreed to take Paige just weeks after Luke was due. There were nerves and butterflies the night of the big play, but it wasn't only the actors who were feeling some angst. Not only did I survive my first girls night out in a long time, but we had a blast!

Paige was so excited about going to see this play, we had facebook updates for several days leading up to that night. A few times, I did think she was perhaps being dramatic and that it couldn't possibly be as great as she was making it out to be. Let me just tell you that all the rave reviews .. from Paige and everyone else ... were right on the mark. It was such a great show filled with with spectacular costumes, amazing characters who can sing better than I wish I could and a story that leaves you wanting more. We love, love, loved our girl's night out with Courtney, Julie and her mom, Sherry to see Wicked!!

Can't wait for the next show!!

No comments: