Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nicole's summer comes to a close ...

Just before school started, I wanted to be sure to take the girls to each do something fun and after Luke has been taking so much of my attention, I thought it best to get some one on one time in, too. Nicole had been asking to go to the caverns for several weeks, and while it was still over 100 degrees, I couldn't agree with her more to take a trek down below the interstate where it's a mere 74 degrees. No one else wanted to see the caverns so we went by ourselves! She was just beside herself to see the caves and her interest was peaked (no pun intended) when she heard there was another tour that let you go into the dark crevaces of the caverns to see the virtually untouched portions of the caverns. Excited at the idea? Yes! Allowed to go? Not so much. It's a pricey tour, but you have to be 18 before you can go. So .. this is on her list of things to do!

We did manage to get a few pics of this cool trip down to Interspace Caverns.


1 comment:

Alyce said...

Awesome! I have GREAT memories of going to the Caverns. If she ever wants to go to Carlsbad Caverns, let me know - my dad works there now. :)