We set out on his first road trip .. Heath drove, Dad in front and Crystal in back with me and baby. Luke slept for the entire drive to Houston. Apparently, he loves a long ride in Daddy's truck.
We got to Houston and quickly settled into our hotel in time to walk over to the ballpark. It was a muggy and warm walk over, but short enough! Still, I was glad Daddy was doing the carrying. Gotta love the Baby Bjorn!
We enjoyed a few beers on our way to our seats and then settled in for some baseball park food and a great game. Luke slept for most of the game ... Astros were up till the end when the Phillies came back and were up by one run. Luke woke up to look around and take in part of the game ... mesmerized by all the lights and sounds of the ball park. He fell back asleep till the end of the 9th inning when the Astros came back to win the game! It was very exciting and the stadium was up on their feet cheering. Such a good game and a Happy Father's Day, indeed!
We took time out for a few photos ... of course :)
Settling into the hotel after a long day ... Luke in his baseball PJ's
Daddy and Luke playing the next morning in the hotel
All in all, I'd say our first road trip was a success and I think this boy might like baseball as much as his mom! Let's hope so anyways ... we have so many ballparks to visit.
2 comments:
Shutup...we were at the same Astros game!!! Wish I would have known, would have loved to run into you and meet Luke!! An awesome game, right????
OMG
I can't believe he FELL ASLEEP and missed most of the game! Babies... sheesh...
;)
Post a Comment