Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby Bedding is done!

After much searching for baby boy bedding and not liking anything I saw, I finally decided that I'd just make my own. I thought, "How hard can it be?" Well, turns out, it was not quite as easy I expected and took me a little longer than planned, but after a full weekend of cutting and sewing, it's done! I picked out fabric and made the bumpers, crib skirt, comforter and even two crib sheets. Here are a few pics of my work :) Please ignore the fact that there is no mattress yet ... you'll get the idea of what the fabric looks like with the crib.

Don't worry .. the pillow is not actually for the crib. That will go on my to-be-purchased glider once I decide which one I must have and it's here. I had extra fabric left over, so I made this pillow, I am covering a lamp shade and will make the curtains next.

Once I had decided on the furniture, I ordered it online and it was delivered in less than a week. Gotta love the company discount and free shipping with good ole Tar-get. My sweet husband wasted NO time at all putting it all together. Nicole put the changing table together and Heath did the rest. I think they do pretty good work!


The fabric on top of the dresser is my idea of what the valances will look like for the windows. We still have lots left to do, but this is definitely helping us feel a little more ready.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE IT!!! It looks amazing!! I'm so impressed that you made it, too......you are my hero b/c I can't even sow a button on a shirt. :\

Jill said...

OK - I agree with Julie...so so so cute!!! I LOVE IT!

Amy said...

Wow! I am super impressed! Great job... I love it!

Kara said...

Looks great! As always, you're two steps ahead of me! Our crib was picked up today (will stay in the box for a few weeks) and I've got my mom working on a baby quilt. Other than that, the baby's room still looks exactly like our guest room!

Jenn said...

Shaunna, that is so cute! It looks very professional--you're talented!

Melissa said...

Love it, and love the furniture. You did a great job on it.

Courtney ;-) said...

SHAUNNA!!!! I'm soooo impressed and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!!!!! You are too talented, girl!!!!

Luke will love it too!!! :)

Rose said...

Impressive! Now to see if I can find fleece similar to it to create a matching Carseat Blanket - no worries, it will be ready tomorrow. :)