Monday, April 13, 2009

New House!


Saturday was moving day and it was a Doozy! We were up super late on Friday night doing last minute packing and then back up at 8am to get ready for the movers. They loaded everything we had on our contract plus an additional 20 boxes … Believe it or not, after a giant truckload and 5 hours worth of moving, we still had more! They went back for a 2nd round and then by early evening, we were completely moved in! Very exciting … and utterly exhausting! Don’t worry … I wasn’t actually carrying anything heavy or moving things myself. I carried lightweight and fragile things that weren’t packed in boxes and was on food duty throughout the day. My poor family, though, they did so much work!! They were all so tired and sore the next day.

So … now, we’re all moved in and can’t find a thing ;) This week will be spent unpacking at a much slower pace and getting the old house ready to be put on the market. We hope to get that done by the end of this week or early next week. Oh yeah … we officially own two homes at the same time. Um .. overrated. I’d like the old one to sell before the first mortgage payment is due on the first :) A girl can hope.

5 comments:

Courtney ;-) said...

YEA! can't wait to see your new home! Let me know if we can help with anything!!! :)

Amy said...

YAY!! Congrats! I can't wait to see it.

Alyce said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see your new place! Best of luck selling the old place. XO!

Rose said...

Very exciting for your family. Congratulations. I'm eager to see what you do with the place!

Jill said...

Congrats - love it!!!!