Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Are the girls excited?

In the weeks leading up to our St Thomas nuptials, I heard this question so many times I lost count. What came next was a look of shock when I honestly answerd, "no, not really." Next, I'd have to explain that at 12 and 14, the thought of a week away from home with Mom's friends and not theirs was not the most appealing way they could think to spend their first week of summer.
Were they excited about it being summer? Yes.
Would they rather hang at the mall and play video games? Yes.
Were they excited about being at the beach and the pool? Perhaps.
Was Nicole excited about wearing a dress? Absolutely not.
As we inhaled, I mean, enjoyed a very yummy breakfast buffet at the Manor House on that last morning before the girls departure, Heath and I poured out compliments which Paige devoured and made Nicole quite uncomfortable. We went on and on telling them how happy we were that they had stood with us on the beach as we exchanged vowes. We told them how beautiful they looked and how impressed we were with they way they behaved and would have continued, but Nicole put a stop to all the mushy talk. ;)
"Well, did you enjoy your time in St Thomas?" I asked in an effort to change the subject. Paige replied with "Yes, I can't wait till you come back next year for your anniversary. It's going to be so much fun!" Heath and I exchanged glances and then I tried to let her down gently when I explained that if we did come back for our anniversary, they would most likely not come with us. "Oh, yes, we will be coming." Paige so matter of factly corrected me.
Well, there you have it. They were excited after all! ;)

They did not even mind holding all the glasses during the group photos on the beach.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful photos! Love them!!! Your girls are darling!

Courtney ;-) said...

You're pretty darn lucky to have 2 wonderful girls!!!

And they are pretty darn lucky to have you too! :)

Julie said...

If the girls get to go back with you then so do Cameron and I!!! ;)