The Polyanna in me decided I should try to focus on all the goodness that surrounds me and find the Merry in my Christmas ...even this year.
- I'm loving the Christmas Carols at every turn: the stores I shop in (at the very last minute), the radio stations I usually ignore and even my sweet husband finding the Holiday channel while I finally bake cookies.
- The weather has turned just a tad bit cooler, so I can wear long sleeves. If only for a day or two, I will relish in the cooler breeze so it feels a little more like what Christmas should.
- While my waistline will disagree with me on this one, I love the extra sweets and desserts and all sorts of ways to indulge in all things that taste good. Ask me again in January and I'll agree with my waistline and tell you that perhaps, I shouldn't have enjoyed quite so many goodies, but till then, I'll savor every bite.
- My house is so festive! Even if it's missing two not so little girls, it sure looks pretty.
- NOT working ... An entire two weeks off to rest, relax and spend time with my boys. I've enjoyed playing with Luke and spending time with my man. We can stay up late, nap with the baby and do what we please. I haven't set an alarm all week :)
- Christmas Cards! I just love checking the mail this time of year. It's so neat to see how much everyone has grown and changed in the past year and to see our friends and family smiling and happy :)
- Wrapping presents ... While it's quite a daunting task, the crafty part of me really enjoys making the outside of each gift look fun and festive. Perhaps, that's why it takes me oh so long to complete this task!
- People seem a little bit friendlier. Maybe it's because we expect the crowds or we're just glad to have some money in this economy to actually buy presents, but the people I've run into have been happy and seem to smile a little more. I appreciate and enjoy the extra kindness and wish it could last all year.
- Time with family ... over the course of a few days, we will see all of our immediate family. We're so fortunate to have our family nearby and that we don't have to fight airports to see them. I'm thankful for that time together.
So while you're Christmas may be over by the time the sun sets that night, my Christmas will be extended and we'll still be celebrating come the 26th. Wishing you each (all 3 of you who still tune in) a very Merry Christmas .. I hope it's blessed and filled with joy, peace and lots of love.
3 comments:
Merry christmas, S! Sorry the girls can't be with you. :(
(loved the card, btw - maybe one day I'll send them... maybe...)
I think Merry is at the bottom of a wine bottle. ;) Loved your post!! Merry Christmas!! Love, love, love you!!!
Oh, you're doing such a good job making the glass half-full. I know that must be one of those things that doesn't get much easier with time. I'm curious if you have Christmas morning before or after the actual day.
Post a Comment